super fly blog

Monday, February 14, 2005

Love Your Neighbor and Your Enemy

Looking back on my life, I have taken note of the attitudes I had when I was younger. I see that I loved only what suited me. I was not unconditional in my love of people. I see now that the call to love all was unrestricted. We Christians have barred ourselve in prison cells of hate. Only limited love is able to leak to the ones around us. God seeks to liberate us from the oppression of hate. Love was the original plan for our kind. If we look at Christians as the chosen, we see that the church as a whole was chosen to love. We were chosen to be the representatives and the ambassadors. Any way could have been chosen to be the way to Christ, but the church has been honored by such a calling. We must value this calling above all callings and we must base all notions in our minds on this calling.
Our enemies deserve love from us just as much as our neighbors do. Our neighbors are no different than our enemies. Our creation in the Lord has made us in a certain sense, equal. Our sinful nature also makes us equal. Both natures existent inside us make it seem impossible to live with ourselves while trying to serve God. Everyone who has the potentional to experience God can know this frustration inside them. The battle the goes unresolved in this lifetime. In light of this, we must love our brothers, for we are not of this world, meaning we have been sanctified, but we are still in this world, meaning we know the struggles and torments this world has to offer. Let us not seek to separate ourselves from the world so we may hate those in the world. Let us seek to love those in the world and reach out to them in order to save them. Act in love to those around you. Act in love to those above and below you. Act in love regardless of you and your heart's desires of destruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home