super fly blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Is Love explainable

You know, I could sit her all day and explain to you the infatuation of men and women. I could sit and think about lust and describe it to you. One thing I can't grasp is the idea of romantic love. Now we must remember that there is a clear line between the two, but the two can exist together The idea that a man can just helplessly fall for a woman is insane to me. It seems to defy all sense of modern reason to believe in emotions and such a commitment to one person. You cannot measure but scales and measuring sticks. Can I even help but fall for someone? I think not. Love has to be something that grabs a hold of me and turns my head in different directions. I can try to fight it and may win, but I'm still scarred by love. Such a thing rinders men helpless. Without the object of a man's love, he is helpless. He feels weakened by the kryptonite of his heart. Oh to feel permantly drawn to a lady's side and to never be able to leave, nore want to leave, that is one of the blessings of God left to us men to treasure and to use in wisdom.

1 Comments:

  • Pretty poetic, Russell. I think that "the way of a man with a maid" is described in Proverbs as impossible to understand, or some such phrase. It is possible to love someone! Don't forget that there are 4 Greek words for love. We don't have enough in English.

    By Blogger Martin LaBar, At 6/07/2005 06:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home