super fly blog

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Narnia

Well, it is a time that I am excited. Someone has finally developed enough sense to make a movie on The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, one book in the series of masterpieces written by C. S. Lewis. I have started reading the story before I see the movie, and it has amazed me even at this age. It is not that it has a deep reading level, but it has a deep truth hidden in almost every scene. Every chapter so far has seemed to tell something of the downfall of Edmund, which seems to be a tragedy too early portrayed in the story. Yet we see later that Aslan works to save Him by grace (I have read the book before, I am reading it only to refresh my memory for the movie so I may critique it better). C. S. Lewis must have believed that even children can find the truth of the Gospels in these books. Another truth found is forgiveness. The three other siblings, Peter, Susan, and Lucy, become angry with Edmund when they find that he has lied and has done some spiteful things toward lucy, particularly Peter. Yet later they are reunited and the three embrace Edmund. Such a truth can help us today in our pursuit of Holiness.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home